From Fear to Rest
Topic: Living for God Scripture: Joshua 11:1–11:23
God shows His people that He alone is enough to deliver them from insurmountable odds and give them rest.
- What were God’s people facing in Joshua 11:1-5 that would cause legitimate fear?
- What is it in life that most causes you to be frightened, stressed or anxious?
- What does verse 6 tell us about God?
- How should we understand verse 6 in light of what Jesus says in John 16:32-33?
- What does Joshua do in verses 7-10 that shows us he believed what God said?
- What “horses and chariots” do you find yourself trusting in that give you a false sense of peace?
- In response to what God says and does in Joshua 11, what will it look like for you to go from fear to rest?
- Meditate on Hebrews 4:8-11
- What is Jesus telling you to do? What are you going to do about it?