Who You Are in Jesus
Scripture: Colossians 3:1–3:4
- Read and work on memorizing Colossians 3:1-4.
- What are the first 5 realities about Jesus?
- What are the second 5 realities about you?
- What one thing impacted you most? Why?
- Out of the 5 realities about God, which one most gripped your soul with amazement?
- Out of the 5 realities about you, which one bring you the most joy and peace?
- Out of the 5 realties about you, which one is hardest to believe? Which one brings you most thankfulness?
- We saw that when God says, “set your minds on things above” (3:2) He is calling us to have a “things above mindset”. In other words, He wants your mindset to be in keeping with the ten realities so that it impacts your world in everyday life. Are there ways you can get sucked into an earthly worldview rather than a “things above worldview?
- In Colossians 3:1 God says, “If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above…”. The “above things” you are to seek are the realities about God and you. God wants you to seek them, believe them, love them, cling to them, dig down into them, mediate on them, find joy in them. Practically what does it look like for you to do this?
View the video on YouTube here.