Where Christmas Meets Easter
December 9, 2018 Speaker: Matt Maka
Topic: The Gospel Scripture: Hebrews 1:1–1:4
A manger without an empty tomb would leave us hopeless, but Jesus--who is God incarnate--came to Earth as a baby to make purification for sin as our Great High Priest and then was exalted as the King above all things.
Remember that it is possible for you to live a deceived life by being a hearer of the word by doing nothing about it. OR you can hear the Word, understand it, believe it, love it and live it! I want to encourage you to do the latter!
- Read Hebrews 1 and Hebrews 13:22.
- Spend a few minutes thinking about and slowly mediating on verses 1-4.
- What are some of the “times” and “ways” that God spoke through the prophets?
- According to verses 1-4 what are some of the reasons Jesus is worth listening to when He speaks?
- Which of the 7 reasons that Jesus is excellent in verses 1-4 causes you to most love and treasure Jesus most?
- What competes in your heart for fascination for Jesus?
- Have you heard Jesus speak salvation to you? In other words, is He your Prophet?
- Do you know, believe, love and treasure Jesus as you sin purifying Priest?
- What does it mean to you that Jesus is your sin purifying High Priest (if in fact he is)?
- Are there ways that you are not living as if Jesus was your King?
- Take some time to praise Jesus for Who He is and what He has done as described in Hebrews 1:1-4!