Warning to the Rich
Topic: Living for God Scripture: James 5:1–5:6
God cares how we view our money and how we treat those around us.
- What are the 4 charges God brings against the rich?
- What are the consequences for these charges? (vs. 1, 3, 5)
- What is the one thing the rich are told to do? (vs. 1)
- Which of the 4 charges brought against the rich can you most identify with?
- What would it look like for you to “weep and howl” (repent)?
- How can you grow at storing up treasure in heaven? (Luke 12:16-21)
- Meditate on how Jesus became poor so you could be rich. (2 Cor. 8:9)
- Know Jesus:
- What does Jesus want you know about Himself in this passage?
- What does this passage reveal about the character of the Trinity?
- Love Jesus:
- How do these truths about Jesus stir you to love, treasure, and savor Jesus more?
- Live for Jesus:
- What is Jesus telling you to do, believe, or change?
- What are you going to do about it?
These questions are also available in the handout from Sunday, available in the Downloads section.