If the Lord Wills
Topic: Living for God Scripture: James 4:13–4:17
We are not in control of our lives, and believing this frees us to trust God and live for him.
- What are the 5 things to treasure when answering the question “What is your life”?
- How do these 5 things help fight against the arrogant, evil boasting that comes from believing you can plan the future?
- Which of these 5 truths do you find most helpful as you consider your heart in making plans for the future?
- What “this” or “that” in your life do you find it most difficult to trust to the sovereign hand of God?
- What “right thing” do you need to start doing? (vs. 17)
- Know Jesus:
- What does Jesus want you know about Himself in this passage?
- What does this passage reveal about the character of the Trinity?
- Love Jesus:
- How do these truths about Jesus stir you to love, treasure, and savor Jesus more?
- Live for Jesus:
- What is Jesus telling you to do, believe, or change?
- What are you going to do about it?
These questions are also available in the handout from Sunday, available in the Downloads section.