Taking God's Word Seriously
Topic: Living for God Scripture: James 1:19–25
How we interact with God's Word is a matter of life and death. We need to hear the Word, remember it, and put it into action.
- Are you a doer of the Word or a hearer only?
- When was the last time you listened to the Word and made a decisive decision to do something in response?
- Do you most need to grow at Listening to the Word, Receiving the Word, Remembering the Word or Doing the Word?
- What most needs to change in your heart about how you interact with and/or think about God’s Word?
- Know Jesus:
- What does Jesus want you know about Himself in this passage?
- What does this passage reveal about the character of God?
- Love Jesus:
- How does this character/attribute of Jesus stir you to love, treasure, and savor Jesus more?
- Live for Jesus:
- What is God telling you to do in this passage?
- How can you live differently this week out love for Jesus?
These questions are also available in the PDF, available in the Downloads section.