Trials Reveal Our Loves and Desires
Topic: Living for God Scripture: James 1:12–1:15
The trials we experience in this life will reveal what we love and desire. To remain steadfast under trial and receive the promised crown of life, we must cultivate love for Jesus that surpasses our desires for other things.
- How are you tempted to not remain steadfast under trial?
- What does your past trial or current trial reveal about what you love and desire?
- Are there any ways you are blaming God for tempting you with a trial?
- How can you cultivate a fresh, deep, passionate love for God that will keep you steadfast until you receive the crown of life?
- Know Jesus:
- What does Jesus want you know about Himself in this passage?
- What does this passage reveal about the character of God?
- Love Jesus:
- How does this character/attribute of Jesus stir you to love, treasure, and savor Jesus more?
- Live for Jesus:
- What is God telling you to do in this passage?
- How can you live differently this week out love for Jesus?
These questions are also available in the PDF, available in the Downloads section.