Secure in Your Justification
February 11, 2018 Speaker: Matt Maka
Topic: The Gospel Scripture: Galatians 2:20
Hello Christ Church Family,
Here are some application questions that I hope will help you apply yesterday’s message. Enjoy!
- Pray and ask the Spirit to fill you afresh.
- Read Galatians 2:15-21
- Reread Galatians 2:15-16. What 3 different words/phrases are repeated multiple times?
- What is Justification? What are the two things you need in order to be justified?
- Read Psalm 143:1-2 and compare it to the last part of Galatians 2:16. What did the psalmist and Paul both agree on?
- What are the 4 things Paul believes that gives him security in his justification?
- What “works of the law” are you tempted to believe will impress God and get you closer to Him?
- What life circumstances and/or personal sins cause you to doubt the stregnth your right standing/relationship with God?
- How should/would your everyday life be impacted if you fully embraced the reality that “…it is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me”.
- Where do you focus when you think about Jesus love for you; your work or His work? (“…who loved me and gave Himself for me.”)
- How would taking time each day to meditate on, savor, treasure and rejoice in Christ and Him crucified impact your believing in your justification and His love for you?